Passenger Rail Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Director of Rail Transportation Programs
Virginia Passenger Rail Authority
Director, Freight & Passenger Rail Bureau
New York State Department of Transportation
Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority
The States for Passenger Rail Coalition is an alliance of State and Regional Transportation Officials who work together to promote the development and growth of Intercity Passenger Rail as part of an integrated national transportation network.
- Intercity passenger rail, and especially high speed rail, represent viable and attractive transportation options.
- The states are, and will continue to be, the primary agencies responsible for implementing new or enhanced intercity passenger rail service.
- Many states are working to develop rail services, with resulting goals and needs that are remarkably similar from corridor to corridor. States should unite to leverage common interests and be sure that these needs are fulfilled in all areas of the country that can benefit from passenger rail.
- Development and expansion of intercity passenger rail services, especially high speed rail services, must feature a strong federal financial role in partnerships with states.
- A united group of states may find benefits by sharing information on policy, initiatives, technical developments and innovative implementation methods.
- A coalition offers a centralized forum to interact with stakeholders and advocacy groups to share information and offer direction in support of intercity passenger rail.